Ledbury

Ledbury is between Hereford, Worcester and Gloucester and not far from the Malverns.

It's a town to get excited about, it was the home of poets Elizabeth Barrett Browning and John Masefield, and the historical architecture is stunning: 
If you like the library and clock tower (above), you'll love the 17th century market hall:
There's a rather fine model on Google SketchUp here.

Ledbury is a great place for food lovers.  I'll deal with shops I found in the next few posts, but if you want to find out more about Ledbury call in at the helpful tourist information centre, situated at the Master's House, one of the oldest buildings in Ledbury.  Here (and also in shops in the town) you can buy a jar of Ledbury Farmhouse Pickle:
It's a mellow, golden, spicy pickle - ideal with a ploughman's lunch. If you can't go to Ledbury (and I think you should), you can get it online from the manufacturers:

Three Counties Gourmet

Comments

EB said…
I remember Ledbury! We used to keep a caravan at Eastnor Park and cycle over there when we lived in Malvern. Before then, I stayed at the Feathers when we got stuck in snow in the early 1980s. I imagine Ledbury has become more chic since then.