Neal's Yard Dairy

I had a great day yesterday in the capital, and will cover what I found in the next few posts. My first visit when I got to London was Neal's Yard Dairy (thanks Kev for the suggestion). Last time I went they were still in Neal's Yard in Covent Garden. I gather they moved to Shorts Gardens in 1992 - so my visit was long overdue. It's an amazing shop, they care passionately about their cheeses which they collect from producers and mature themselves.
All my old favourites were there, Mrs Kirkham's Lancashire, Appleby's Cheshire and Sticheleton, and quite a few I didn't know. The staff are helpful and let you try before you buy. Their web site also has a lot of useful information about the cheeses they sell (I had to use Internet Explorer as the fact sheets wouldn't load in Chrome for some reason) and you can also buy online.
Neal's Yard Dairy
17 Shorts Gardens
Covent Garden
London
WC2H 9AT

Tel: 020 7240 5700


Comments

Katie said…
I love cheese so much! This is amazing!